Once you've created your pixel in Ads Manager, you can install the pixel code on your website. Choose the statement below that best fits how you make updates to your website's code:
I update my website's code
- Locate the header code for your website
Go to your website's code and find the header of your website.
- Copy the entire code and paste it in the header of your website
Paste the code at the bottom of the header section, just above the closing head tag.
- Check that your code's working correctly
Click Send Test Traffic after placing the code on your website to make sure your pixel's working properly. If your status says "Active", your base code has been installed correctly. This can take several minutes to update.
My site uses a tag manager or is hosted on a popular website platform
Select your platform or tag manager from this list for an even easier way to set up your pixel. If you don't see your platform here, then check out one of the other two ways of setting up your pixel above.
Someone else makes updates to my website's code
- Go to the Pixels tab in Ads Manager.
- Click Set Up Pixel
- Click Email Instructions to a Developer.
- Enter the recipient’s email address.
- Click Send at the bottom of the page.